We are always accepting resumes for interns and fellows. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals interested must be willing to work flexible campaign-like hours, have a good sense of humor, and be dedicated to working for legislative candidates.
The Arizona Democratic Party provides the highest level of service to elect our candidates and support our campaigns, constituents, and state.
The Arizona Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee is the only organization in Arizona whose sole mission is electing Democrats to the State House and State Senate. ADLCC’s goal is to win and then expand, Democratic legislative majorities by recruiting great candidates, providing modern and comprehensive training and support, and strategically investing in the most competitive districts.
Candidate Recruitment Liaison
The Candidate Recruitment Liaison will work closely with the ADLCC Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, and Board to recruit, develop, track, and assist candidates in running for the State Legislature in 2022. The Candidate Recruitment Liaison will schedule meetings with potential candidates to ensure each potential candidate understands the commitments and requirements needed to run a successful campaign. This member of our ADLCC staff will need to be politically savvy and be ready to strengthen, build, and maintain relationships with potential candidates across the state.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with leadership from ADLCC, ADP, and local legislative district and county parties to recruit candidates in legislative districts across the state.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for folks who express interest in running for the Arizona State Legislature.
- Monitor and respond to interested potential candidates.
- Ensure interested candidates understand all commitments and responsibilities needed to run a successful campaign.
- Ensure interested candidates have a clear understanding of the process and timeline for launching their campaign.
- Work with local county parties and legislative districts to help support their legislative candidates.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with candidates and their teams.
- Track all interested and potential candidates as they move through the candidate recruitment process.
- Track all updates and notes regarding each candidate, and share toplines with the ADLCC Executive Director and Deputy.
- Maintain consistent communication with committed candidates to ensure they complete all requirements to run according to the state timeline.
- Personable and open to building and maintaining strong relationships with candidates, stakeholders, and partners across Arizona.
- Organized and proficient with managing projects and data—and/or quick to learn efficient data management and project management.
- Ability to work both in collaboratively and independently.
- Inclined to approach problems as pathways and to brainstorm solutions with a progress to goals approach.
- Familiarity with Google Sheets, Asana, Data Studio, VAN/Votebuilder, and/or other data management and project management programs.
- Familiarity with legislative districts and county parties across Arizona.
- Familiarity with local politics and key activists across Arizona.
The ADLCC is a project of the Arizona Democratic Party, (ADP). The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The ADP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.