We are always accepting resumes for interns and fellows. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals interested must be willing to work flexible campaign-like hours, have a good sense of humor, and be dedicated to working for legislative candidates.
The Arizona Democratic Party provides the highest level of service to elect our candidates and support our campaigns, constituents, and state.
The Arizona Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee is the only organization in Arizona whose sole mission is electing Democrats to the State House and State Senate. ADLCC’s goal is to win and then expand, Democratic legislative majorities by recruiting great candidates, providing modern and comprehensive training and support, and strategically investing in the most competitive districts.
Job Title: ADLCC Finance Director
The ADLCC Finance Director’s role is to manage and execute ADLCC’s strategic fundraising plan to fund ADLCC’s budget. The Finance Director also provides guidance and support to legislative campaigns as they build both their fundraising plan and campaign budget. The Finance Director works closely with the ADLCC executive director to manage the ADLCC budget and oversee cash flow for the organization.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the ADLCC.
Location: Arizona in-person (currently remote).
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and execute strategic statewide finance plan which includes soliciting contributions +$5,000, planning fundraising events, partnering with organizations, staffing legislator call time, soliciting low-dollar online contributions, and sending direct mail
- Execute and manage donor research and expand new donor networks
- Create call sheets and manage legislator call time
- Work with the ADLCC Finance Chair (elected position of the Board of Directors) to develop the Finance Committee and the various donor groups that fall under the Finance Committee
- Oversee planning and execution of large-scale events with lobbyists as well as regional mid-sized events
- Work with surrogates and staff of surrogates to plan fundraising events
- Manage follow up on all correspondence and pledges
- Manage NGP donor database
- Manage donor thank you program
- Guide development of yearly budget, implementation and goal tracking
- Regularly work with the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee to develop a partnership and update them on ADLCC finance related matters
- Help Democratic leadership manage large donor conversations with major national funders
- Work with digital vendor to create a digital fundraising plan strategy
- Mentor candidates of all experience levels on creating a budget appropriate for a legislative race
- Assist in the rolodexing process of all candidates
- Train and supervise District Managers and Finance Assistants placed in targeted districts, monitoring fundraising goals
- Assist in staffing call time for legislative candidates when needed, coaching them on their call time pitch
- Work with ADLCC Digital Director and ADLCC Communications Director to create mail and digital budgets for candidates
- Assist with campaign compliance questions from targeted and non-targeted races
- Work with selected mail and digital vendors to create plans for targeted candidates
- Two to three cycles of campaign finance experience
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
- Experience with planning events
- Strong written and communication skills
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of NGP, Google Sheets, Warchest
- Donor prospecting and research experience preferred
- Experience managing call-time
- Budget oversight
We are hoping you bring at least one of these bonus skills:
- Experience managing staff
- Working knowledge of Arizona campaign finance laws
- Prior experience with targeting donors and managing follow-up
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the required duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, kneel, bend, use hands to type; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position is subject to lifting objects over 50 pounds frequently.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “ADLCC Finance Director” in the subject line. No calls, please.
The ADLCC is a project of the Arizona Democratic Party, (ADP). The ADP is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff. ADP is an equal opportunity employer, and it is ADP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sexual orientation/identity/expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, marital or military service status including membership in the National Guard, or any other legally protected status. Protected status may also include an individual’s marriage to or association with someone with any status listed above.